Thursday, February 7, 2008

Week 4 Lesson



Wow, this is a little late. Like a week. Amazing what one can accomplish on a snow day though!

So this lesson is all about using flash outdoors. And since it is a snow day and Jenna is miraculously not sick, outside we went. I have to admit, I struggle with snow pictures. I've tried custom white balance, I've tried different settings, and no luck. What I get are underexposed, grey skin tones, and muddy images. ACK! So imagine my joy when after this lesson I realized that shooting with the flash on, which is counterintuitive, actually WORKS! Dang, I have so much to learn. Notice how much grey there is in the no-flash photos? HATE THAT.

Also practiced working on some templates. These are more freebies from "I Love Photograhy." TFL!

No comments: