Friday, January 5, 2007

POTD #5

OK, here is the photo du jour. I took this photo of my oldest dd and her friends for a project they decided to undertake. They are all sophomores in college, and home for break. They wanted a serious, dramatic photo, with none of them smiling. I took it in my living room, and no matter how high the ISO, how fast the shutter speed, or how wide open the aperature, I HAD to use flash to keep them all in focus. I don't have a tripod, or that may have worked. Anyhoo, here is the shot.

Then my daughter photoshoped the image into a "pop art" type of image in black and white. Next, they printed it out, and made a tote with their image on the front. They used the black parts of the image as a mask, and painted the rest white. The idea was not an original, it was from a book on making cool purses. I thought it turned out so cool!!!

5 comments:

jordan.krogman said...

That is really cool! I may have to try this with my DD's. They ALMOST pulled off being completely serious. . . looks like someone might start giggling. lol (so hard not to laugh when you're trying to be serious, isn't it?) I've never tried a group shot before, so I don't have much advice (other than what you already tried) for getting them all in focus. What if you backed up quite a ways, got them in focus, then just cropped it down in PS? TFS!

Heidi said...

What a cool idea. The photo worked great!

Robin said...

Very cool idea. I think the photo and the purse turned out lovely!

Jennifer said...

Great photo, I just love that cool purse too :)

Patti said...

I think the photo is great and the tote is very cool.